Do you know when it’s time to have your roof replaced?
It’s more than just hearing a drip-drip-drip in your attic or seeing water spots appear on your ceiling.
Answer the following questions with a Yes or No:
1. Is the roof deck sagging? (The roof deck is the material that supports your shingles and other roofing materials. You can inspect it on the inside.)
2. Are there signs of water damage or leaking? Do you hear dripping when it rains?
3. Do you see dark spots or water trails?
4. Do you see light from outside showing through your roof when you’re inside?
5. Do you see cracked, torn, or missing shingles on your roof?
6. Do you see loose material or wear around your chimney, vents, or pipes? Does it look as if the flashing has pulled away? (The flashing is the material that protects the holes around those protrusions from water leakage.)
7. Is there an excessive amount of shingle granules in the gutters? (Shingle granules look like large grains of sand and are a sign of advanced wear.)
8. Are there signs of moisture, rot, or mold? (Mold, fungi, and bacteria can grow very quickly.)
9. Are your gutters and downspouts securely attached? Does water escape the downspouts and gutters even when they’re clear of debris?
10. Is your HVAC system not working as well as you think it should, and you’ve had it serviced recently?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, it may
be time to have your roof inspected for replacement.
Your roof does more than keep the boxes in your attic dry. It protects your entire home – from your attic to your basement – from moisture, mold, and damage. It keeps your energy inside your home (did you know that up to 40% of your home’s energy is lost through your roof?)
If you’re ready to have your roof replaced, download our FREE checklist to ensure that your project is successful.