When your D.C. home needs new windows, you want the very best. You want windows that are durable and beautiful. You want them to be low maintenance, but built to last. And you want a wide selection of materials, styles, and designs to ensure the windows you get will complement your home perfectly.
These are all reasonable expectations. Unfortunately, many window brands do not meet these needs. They might offer windows that look great, but are made of cheap materials or windows that are sturdy, but unattractive. When you’re looking for the best quality windows in D.C., you need a top brand like Marvin Replacement Windows.
Marvin windows are D.C.’s preferred windows. Area homeowners love this brand for many reasons.
Marvin’s large selection of windows makes it easy to find vintage styles to match the city’s many historic homes. The brand’s Elevate and Essential fiberglass windows have better expansion/contraction rates than vinyl or Fibrex windows. This means the window seals perform better and longer in the mid-Atlantic climate.
Whatever you need from your residential windows, Marvin windows are up to the task.
Alco Products understands the frustration of not finding what you want when shopping for replacement windows. That’s why we recommend exceptional Marvin windows to all of our D.C.-area clients. We love working with this brand and are happy to answer all of your questions about its incredible products.
Top Benefits of New Marvin Windows for D.C. Homeowners
D.C. homeowners want to get their money’s worth when they invest in new windows. Marvin windows give homeowners the biggest bang for their buck with the incredible benefits they provide.
Three of the most common window problems D.C. homeowners face are:
- Drafty windows that drive up utility bills.
- Ugly windows or windows that don’t match the character of an older home.
- Cheap frames that don’t last in the climate.
Marvin home windows solve all of these problems. Their energy-efficient technology and superior insulation keep your home comfortable all year long. Marvin offers a wide range of styles that match the aesthetics of both old and new homes. Fiberglass frames resist moisture and react less to temperature changes than other window frame materials.
When you want high-performance windows, Marvin windows offer more benefits than other leading brands. They have:
- Highly rated products.
- Eco-friendly and efficient glass options.
- Styles that meet historic home requirements in D.C.
- Thin profile frames for larger windows.
- Both paint-on or baked-on color options.
- A plethora of shapes, styles, and materials to boost curb appeal.
- Incredible strength that lasts for years.
- Sturdy, low-maintenance materials.
- Excellent warranties.
With so many positive qualities, it’s easy to see why Marvin windows are a favorite over other brands among D.C. homeowners. When you need windows that both beautify and protect your D.C. home, Marvin is the top choice!
High-Performance, Energy-Efficient Window Features to Save You Money
One of D.C. homeowners’ favorite things about Marvin windows is how energy efficient they are. This simply means they block outside heat and cold air and keep interior air in. With energy-efficient windows, you need less energy to heat and cool your home. Not every home window is designed with your energy bill in mind!
Energy-efficient Marvin windows are Energy Star certified. That means they meet government requirements for energy efficiency in the D.C. area.
However, Marvin home windows can be energy efficient without an Energy Star label. Every home is unique, and the Energy Star certification cannot take into account all of the details that influence energy efficiency, such as the size of your windows or orientation of your house. Your Marvin Authorized Installer can help you pick Marvin home windows that address your specific needs and still give you the energy efficiency you expect.
How do you know how energy-efficient a home window is? Several factors determine energy efficiency. Here are some terms you should understand when shopping for energy-efficient windows:
- U-factor is how much heat flows from your home through a window to the outside. A window with more insulation has a lower U-factor.
- Solar-heat gain is how much radiant heat enters your home. The lower the solar heat gain coefficient, the less heat a window will let in.
- Visible transmittance is the amount of visible light that comes through a window. Marvin windows use low E coatings that reduce solar heat gain without noticeably affecting the amount of light that comes through.
Plain glass panes can’t achieve these qualities. These factors are determined by certain manufacturers’ features. For example:
- Low E coatings inside window panes manage how much heat and light is conducted through the window.
- Layers of glass panes provide better insulation when constructed with energy-inert gases between them.
- Gas fills like argon or krypton-argon between the panes reduce the transfer of heat.
You don’t have to understand the science of energy-efficient fiberglass windows to find the perfect ones for your D.C. home. Alco Products is happy to walk you through all of your options.
Custom Windows: Choose From a Wide Variety of Window Styles
D.C. homes come in a variety of shapes and styles, and so should their windows! You’ll have better luck finding the perfect window styles for your home when you have a large selection to choose from.
Alco Products offers a wide range of window materials and designs through our premium window lines, including:
Of course, you need the right window styles to complement your home. Alco Products can help you find the right Marvin windows to suit your home and your needs. Choose from window styles like:
- Durable, energy-efficient Marvin Elevate fiberglass windows that protect your home from D.C. weather.
- Long-lasting Marvin Essential fiberglass windows that can last up to 80 years with minimal maintenance.
- Classic Marvin Signature wood windows that are customizable and sustainable.
- Low-maintenance ProVia vinyl windows that fit every budget.
- Bay and bow
- Double hung
- Single hung
- Specialty shapes
- Tilt turn and hopper
Single pane windows are not ideal for residential window styles, so your best choice comes down to double- or triple-pane options. While both are great, triple-pane windows are the most requested in D.C. as they offer greater insulation and energy efficiency during the area’s hot summers and cold winters.
With so many options available, it’s easy to find custom windows that give your D.C. home the benefits and look you desire.
Marvin Wood Windows for Historic Homes in D.C.
Washington, D.C. is a dynamic city with a storied past. Its many historic neighborhoods have seen every stage of American history. You can preserve the unique character of your historic D.C. home with the help of Marvin windows.
D.C.’s historic districts have guidelines for preserving the charm of those neighborhoods so that no building stands out and ruins the area’s aesthetic. If you live in a historic D.C. home and need new windows, you aren’t looking at a window replacement as much as historic window restoration. This means you’ll need the right windows to match the architecture of your home.
Marvin’s wood windows are ideal for meeting historic district guidelines. They are crafted with the finest materials and the utmost attention to detail to mimic period windows from bygone eras. But don’t let their vintage look fool you. All of Marvin’s wood windows are designed with modern conveniences, such as exceptional security, longevity, and functionality. Marvin even offers windows that meet current safety standards while blending in with your home’s appearance.
If contemporary windows are an eyesore on your historic D.C. home, get inspired by beautiful Marvin period windows, and help your house stand out in the right way.
Average Cost of Marvin Replacement Windows Compared to Other Brands
When planning a replacement window installation, you want the best windows for the best price. Premium Marvin windows fit any home window budget.
When you have your free consultation with Alco Products, we will give you an estimate for your Marvin replacement window installation. However, the cost of Marvin windows depends on several factors, such as:
Depending on the materials used and time spent on your Marvin replacement window installation, the project could cost several hundred to tens of thousands of dollars. Alco Products will work with you to find Marvin windows that meet your needs and price range.
Marvin windows are a worthwhile investment when you make a window cost comparison with other top brands. They protect your home and keep its interior more comfortable than other brands, saving you money in the long run.
To give you an idea of Marvin windows’ superiority, consider how they compare to Pella and Andersen windows:
Those are just a few reasons D.C. homeowners choose to invest in Marvin windows for their homes over other familiar brands. They know they get their money’s worth with Marvin’s spectacular products.
D.C. homeowners also appreciate the affordable, streamlined replacement window installation they get from Alco Products.
Protect Your Window Warranty With Proper Care and Maintenance
To make the most of your beautiful new Marvin windows, always follow the manufacturer’s suggestions for care and maintenance. This will prolong their lifespan and preserve your Marvin windows warranty.
Marvin window care is easy when you follow a few tips:
For more information about Marvin window maintenance, contact the manufacturer or the experts at Alco Products. Soon you’ll be a pro at Marvin window care too!
How to Find a Marvin Authorized Replacement Contractor
Not every D.C.-area window contractor installs Marvin windows. For these superior products, you need a local Marvin Authorized Replacement Contractor.
This title means a contractor has been specially trained in Marvin home window installation and brings unique knowledge and expertise to the job. They understand how to install your Marvin windows so that they look and work their very best.
But you want more in a contractor than a single designation. Here are some tips for finding a Marvin window authorized installer in the D.C. area:
Once you have gathered this information from multiple Marvin Authorized Replacement Contractors, you will be able to hire the one that you feel confident about entrusting with your home window installation.
Why Choose Alco Products as Your Local D.C. Marvin Windows Installer
As your local Marvin Window Authorized Contractor, Alco Products is dedicated to giving you the best of everything. We strive to provide our clients with the best products and services possible so they have an incredible home window installation experience.
Alco Products is honored to work on the beautiful homes in Washington, D.C., as well as communities in Maryland and Virginia. When we perform a home window installation in these areas, we take pride in accentuating your home with our Marvin windows and giving you the results you want. You’ll love pulling back the curtains every morning and driving up to your house each evening when you have expertly installed Marvin windows by Alco Products.
Before you enjoy your windows, we ensure you enjoy the whole home installation process as well. Alco Products is known for treating our clients like family. We care about your vision for your home and how we can best achieve it with little inconvenience to you.
That’s why we’ve fine-tuned our no-stress window installation process to be as easy as possible for our valued customers. When you work with Alco Products, we promise to:
From start to finish, Alco Products is your trusted Marvin Window Authorized Contractor. Our premium products, excellent craftsmanship and personalized service have impressed D.C.-area residents for over 60 years, and we continue to build on that reputation.
Enjoy the View From Your Marvin Windows With Alco Products
You’ll enjoy all the benefits of replacement windows for your D.C. home with Marvin windows installed by Alco Products.
Whether you want contemporary windows for a modern look or require period windows for a historic home, we have the products and installation expertise you need. Our 60-plus years of experience and proven installation process guarantee your windows will protect and enhance your home for years to come.
If you’re overdue for an expert replacement window installation, schedule a free consultation with us. We provide accurate, comprehensive quotes and guide you through your options to ensure you find the perfect Marvin windows for your beloved D.C. home.
- How many windows are being replaced
- Window size
- Manufacturing features
- Customized elements
- Number of panes
- How many double- or triple-hung windows
- Marvin uses durable extruded aluminum cladding that lasts a long time. Pella uses weaker roll-form aluminum, and Andersen uses vinyl.
- Marvin offers six different interior wood choices so you can pick the right one for the durability and insulation you want. Pella has three and Andersen only one.
- While Pella windows come in 27 colors, Marvin has 19 factory colors as well as custom color matching for an infinite number of color choices. Andersen only offers seven.
- Marvin’s Ultrex fiberglass has a cleaner, smoother finished surface than Pella’s Duracast fiberglass and stands up to temperature changes better than Andersen Fibrex windows.
- Clean windows from the top down.
- Never use strong chemical cleaners or those with high alcohol content.
- Remove dirt and debris from window glass with clean water first. Then apply a glass cleaning solution with a nonabrasive cloth. Squeegee off the cleaning solution, and wipe remaining moisture with a clean, dry cloth.
- Do not allow cleaning agents to touch the weatherstrip.
- Remove screens to clean. Lightly spray with water or vacuum with a soft brush tool to remove dirt. Let air dry.
- Wash exterior window surfaces with water and a soft-bristled brush once a year. Use a cleaning solution on tough dirt or grease.
- Rinse off cleaning solutions with water.
- Touch up nicks and scratches on your painted wood windows with matching, high-quality latex primer and paint from your local paint store.
- New bare wood or primed windows should be finished immediately with the proper paint or staining product.
- Do not paint Marvin clad-wood products. For small nicks and scratches, order touch-up paint through your Marvin retailer.
- Look for local window contractors with plenty of excellent online reviews.
- Request written estimates from at least three different contractors.
- Ask what brands of windows they carry and how those windows benefit homeowners.
- Ask what manufacturer and labor warranties they provide.
- Ask about payment plans. Never hire a contractor who requires full payment upfront.
- Ask for proof of liability and workman’s compensation insurance.
- Ask if they do all the work themselves or if they use subcontractors.
- Ask for a few referrals of projects similar to what you want. Ask those referrals what it was like to work with the contractor and if their work was satisfactory.
- Ask about their work schedule and process, including how they will minimize disruption to your home.
- Ask how they handle questions or complaints after the work is done.
- Communicate with you weekly about your window installation project.
- Educate you on your window options with no pressure to buy.
- Perform all the details of window installation to give your windows a finished look and extend their lifespan.
- Provide you with our Limited Lifetime Labor warranty that is equal to the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Review our punch list with you, and perform a thorough cleaning of the worksite when we’re done.
Subscribe to Alco Products's Blog