Although the past month presented all of us with lots of the unexpected, one thing is certain—we are proud of our D.C. Metro community for pulling together in support of one another and our medical community.
Supporting Our Local Suburban Hospital Relief Fund
As a family-owned and operated home exterior remodeling company, we are proud of our employees and thankful for the homeowners we serve. Together, we’ve been able to keep all of our staff employed and working through Covid-19. Due to continued work and projects, it’s our honor to present $4,600 to the Suburban Hospital Covid-19 emergency fund on behalf of our customers and their projects through the month of April.
GrubHub Gift Cards to Support Local Carry-Out
Additionally, we’ve sent 30 GrubHub gift cards to those who started a home exterior remodeling project by scheduling a virtual consultation with one of our design consultants during the month of April. These gift cards can be used to support other small businesses in the restaurant industry by ordering take out.
Safe Operations For Homeowners & Employees
At Alco Products, the safety of our employees and those we serve remains a priority in the way we conduct business day-to-day. We’ll continue operating safely as our community begins to open over the coming weeks, including:
- Cleaning and sanitizing — Our office and showroom are sanitized multiple times daily, including phones, computers, etc. (Government orders mandated closing our showroom to the public. All non essential employees have been set up to work remotely.)
- Virtual Consultations — Instead of delaying your home exterior project you can start planning ahead. Meet with one of our design consultants over the phone or through video call using Zoom.
- Essential Projects — Home exterior repair and remodeling is considered essential business in Maryland, D.C., and Virginia. Alco Products will continue to work with scaled down operations. Any employee who can work from home is being instructed to do so. We’re completing existing projects and can start new projects as emergencies like roof leaks, broken windows/doors, etc. arise. Any employee who is not comfortable coming in to work (due to children at home or caring for elderly parents, for example) is allowed to work remotely.
- Sanitization for Crews & Inside Your Home — Our sales and production teams continue to be supplied with hand sanitizer in their vehicles. As door knobs, light switches and window latches require cleaning, our production team has cleaning supplies in their trucks to sanitize anything they may touch when working in your home. Most of our projects can be completed from the exterior.
- Gloves & Masks — All field employees have gloves and masks to wear while working and are following social distancing best practices — both in the field, and in our office.
- Adjusted Work Hours — We continue to run “skeleton hours” in the office to limit no more than 4 people from being in the office at one time.
For over 60 years, it has been our pleasure to serve the families and homeowners in the D.C. area as a family-owned and operated business. We trust our small contribution to the well-being of our local community can help stop the spread of Covid-19, making the D.C. area a healthier and safer place to live and work.