Marvin Casement Egress Windows
Egress windows are windows that are required in certain areas of your home for use in case of emergency. When the use of a doorway is unavailable during a disaster like a fire, a window needs to be used to exit the house. Therefore, egress windows must meet specific size requirements. Their code requirements can vary from state to state. Interestingly, homeowners with homes that were built before egress window code requirements were in place often end up overlooking the possibility of the installation of egress windows when investing in replacement windows.
Egress Window Requirements
There are strict International Residential Code criteria to meet the egress window requirements. They include:
- An egress window must have a minimum opening width of 20 inches.
- An egress window must have at least a minimum opening height of 24 inches.
- An egress window must have a minimum net clearance opening of 5.7 square feet.
- An egress window’s maximum sill height must not be more than 44 inches above the floor.
Note: The minimal net clearance is not the size of the window’s glass. Net clearance refers to the opening someone would need to crawl through to exit a home in case of emergency.
Marvin Casement Windows
For the safety you desire, ensure your family’s protection with top-of-the-line Marvin Casement Windows. These windows offer premium energy performance, outstanding style, and meet the requirements for egress windows. With versatile design options, color and style to complement your home architecture and personal preferences, egress (casement) replacement windows by Marvin give homeowners peace of mind for years to come.
Although slider windows and awning style windows can be used as egress windows, casement windows are the easiest type to exit, making them a popular option for your safety and the safety of those in your home. Casement windows have hinges on one side and swing freely, like a door does, making it easy to exit a home quickly.
Why Marvin Windows?
Since people are spending more and more time indoors both at home and at work—Marvin® is driven by this purpose: “To imagine and create better ways of living.” They open new possibilities for how people feel inside their homes and businesses. Since 1912, this family-owned company has built beauty, simplicity, and quality into people’s everyday lives with their products, making them a worth-while home exterior investment. Marvin offers windows that help you enjoy:
- Long-term performance
- Energy efficiency
- Indoor comfort
- Peace of mind
- Minimal environmental impact
- Savings from quality ENERGY STAR® products
Marvin casement windows feature sashes hinged on one side that swing inward or outward with a crank or push out operation. Casement windows are available in a variety of sizes to match your specific desires and your home’s needs. They provide ample natural light indoors, fresh air, beautiful outdoor views, and an element of safety to your home. Marvin casement windows come in a variety of styles and color options. Here are some popular selections:
Modern Casement Push Out Windows
These come in black, with sleek lines and a modern flair. With minimalistic hardware, exceptional functionality, and a variety of size options, these attractive windows offer you design versatility and modern beauty.
Ultimate Casement Push Out Windows
These beautiful windows help you achieve a classic look with smooth push out operation. Their easy-to-clean feature makes washing a breeze. With a variety of sizes from which to choose, these attractive windows allow natural light to teem through into your home interior for your daily enjoyment.
Ultimate French Casement Push Out Windows
For classic beauty, premium performance, and energy efficiency, these beautiful windows offer an aesthetically pleasing option for homeowners. With no center vertical post, these windows give you ultimate uninterrupted views of the outdoors. French Casement windows easily push open from the center (like a French door) and secure at pre-set angles to keep them from blowing all the way open on windy days.
Which homeowners need to know how to meet egress window requirements?
Those who need egress replacement windows include:
- Anyone building a new home
- Homeowners remodeling their existing home
- People desiring to repurpose their home for daycare or business ventures
- Those adopting a child
- Families who desire to be a foster family
- Homeowners who need to have their property inspected to meet building codes
- Anyone anticipating a fire inspection due to a special happening in their home
- Homeowners in the Washington, DC Metro area with a basement who need to provide a way to exit the home (other than a doorway) in case of emergency
- Anyone with a basement that contains a bedroom
- Those who want to meet building code requirements, but don’t desire to install a door
Protect your family
In case of emergency, casement windows offer the best opportunity for loved ones to exit your home safely.
Preserve your home
Prepare ahead for emergencies with beautiful egress windows that are ready to be used with no notice whatsoever. Don’t risk the possibility of someone being trapped in your home during a fire or other emergency. Preserve your home and its value by installing safe, attractive egress casement windows.
We make window replacements simple. Stop risking damage to your home investment, and instead get a trustworthy contractor to install durable new windows the right way.
- Get a free consultation
- We assess your home exterior and present a comprehensive proposal
- You can be confident in your home again
Why Alco Products?
- Alco Products stands behind our workmanship and products.
- We guarantee an informative, no-pressure sales experience.
- Our crews keep your project site clean and free from debris.
- We repair or replace any product due to material defect while the product is under manufacturer warranty—free of labor charge.